Our prenatal yoga classes are composed of a safe, nuturing sequence of poses and exercises that require no previous yoga experience.
Wouldn't it be great if all mothers could create a healthy and peaceful world for their babies? Why not start in the womb?
Our prenatal yoga classes are composed of a safe, nurturing sequence of poses and exercises that require no previous yoga experience. You will be challenged, but at the same time always encouraged to listen to your body and go at your own pace. All levels, trimesters, and birthing philosophies are welcome!
A Few of the Many Benefits of Doing Yoga During Pregnancy:
• Helps in labor and child birth by increasing body and breath awareness.
• Prepares muscles used in labor, deepening your ability to respond intuitively.
• Strengthens back and shoulder muscles - the #1 discomfort during pregnancy is back pain.
• Prepares your body for the extra weight in the belly during pregnancy.
• Provides an opportunity to meet other pregnant women, meet new friends, receive emotional support and discover local community resources.
Gather with other moms and babies to restart your yoga practice in the postpartum period. Class includes yoga and movement to aid recovery from pregnancy and birth, discussion and community building to ease the transition into motherhood, and a fun opportunity to connect with your baby. Babies are always honored in this class, even when they are crying, need to be changed or fed. If you are struggling with a fussy baby, you will find comfort and support here. Class is geared towards babies ages 6 weeks to 9 months, and toddlers are welcome, as well.